There are so many ways to celebrate your feet – those two marvels of engineering that support you and make it easy to get around every day. We think feet should have their own national appreciation day – and they do! National I Love My Feet Day is coming up on Tuesday, August 17, so get ready to honor them. Here are six things you can do to treat your feet on their special day.
- Make an appointment with one of our three qualified podiatrists. Take care of that nagging heel pain once and for all. Discover how you can minimize your risk of falling. Get a diabetic foot check. Find out why you always get a blister in the same spot. Eliminate stubborn warts for good. Whatever ails your feet, treat them to our expert care.
- Get a pedicure. Take some time to DIY or go to a reputable, licensed nail salon. A pedicure enlivens tired feet and makes them look and feel fantastic.
- Indulge in a massage. Ask a loved one to soothe your foot muscles with a complete rub-down or do it yourself. Roll your soles on a tennis ball or a frozen water bottle.
- Do some targeted exercises. Foot and toe stretching exercises will stimulate your feet while also getting your foot muscles, tendons, and ligaments ready to meet the demands you put on them all day.
- Dip them in a luxurious bath. A long soak in warm water and scented bath salts will relax and invigorate your feet while softening hard corns and calluses.
- Treat them to a new wardrobe. Throw away old, broken, ripped, or unsupportive shoes. Your feet deserve the best.
Our experienced podiatric surgeons, Dr. Craig B. Frey, Dr. Megan L. Oltmann, and Dr. Jim Swienconek, encourage you to love your feet on August 17 – and every day. When foot problems occur, as they do for 75% of all Americans, call Foot & Ankle Associates of Cleveland in Solon, Ohio at (440) 903-1041 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. We offer a modern office with the latest technology for podiatric patients in Portage, Geauga, Cuyahoga, and Summit Counties, proudly serving our patients from Solon, Aurora, Bedford, Chagrin Falls, Hudson, Macedonia, and Twinsburg.