The expert podiatrists here at Foot & Ankle Associates of Cleveland echo this one thing all doctors will tell you: exercise is right for you! Regular exercise chases away the blues and keeps your heart pumping efficiently. Working out helps control diabetes, builds lean muscle mass, and enables you to keep off unwanted pounds. It even helps keep your feet healthy.
Holiday gift season is here, and we’re here to help you think of some excellent gifts for people who exercise – including yourself. From the fitness walker to the dedicated triathlete, from the young aspiring swimmer to the senior citizen who needs a little push to get moving, there’s something here for everyone.
For Foot Health
- Moisture-wicking socks
- Foot massager
- High-quality toenail clippers
- What not to buy: stay away from giving athletic shoes as gifts. It’s better to get a professional foot assessment and fit either from a qualified salesperson or our expert podiatrists, Craig B. Frey, DPM, and Megan L. Oltmann, DPM.
- A foam roller or other massage tool to get the knots out
- Protein powder for mixing into recovery drinks
- On-the-go nutrition such as protein bars or energy gels
- Reflective gear for walking or running outside in low light
- Pepper spray to repel unfriendly pets
- Books by and for athletes teach you how to unleash your potential, help you overcome mind games, or tell a great story of athletic perseverance.
- A water bottle etched with motivational messages such as “You can do it!” or “16 ounces gone, keep drinking!”
- Cookbooks wrote explicitly for those who want to fuel their workouts.
- Fitness belt to hold phone and keys
- Gear bag to take to the gym
- An indoor bike trainer or treadmill if your budget allows
For Increased Strength
- Dumbbells or kettlebells
- Ankle or wrist weights
You’ll find these gifts and much more at department stores, running stores, and sports shops throughout Summit, Portage, Geauga, and Cuyahoga Counties. And remember: if your athletic pursuits cause you any foot pain, visit us at our office in beautiful Solon, Ohio. Call (440) 903-1041 or make an appointment online.