The spring of 2020 has felt pretty cloudy even when the sun’s been out. But all of us at Foot & Ankle Associates of Cleveland want to help you part the clouds and find meaningful ways to pass this time spent within your own four walls.
Here are some ideas for getting through the coronavirus quarantine:
- Clean out a closet.
- As long as you’re in there, toss any shoes that are worn and tattered.
- Set aside items for donation to local charities.
- Look through your pantry for expired foods.
- Go through your freezer and invent new recipes with what you find.
- Go to your hometown library’s website and borrow materials online.
- Read a book.
- File your 2019 taxes. Due to the pandemic, you have until July 15.
- Digitize hard copies of photos or put them in albums.
- Back up your computer files – use an external hard drive if necessary.
- Research a future vacation destination.
- Donate to your local food pantry – they need food and funds now more than ever.
- Practice your baking skills.
- Write a letter to your favorite aunt, nephew, or grandparent and put it in the U.S. Mail.
- Shred old bank statements, insurance policies, and other outdated documents.
- Find a podcast about a topic you love – politics, TV, stories, comedy, celebrities, business, and so much more.
- Take daily walks (with appropriate social distance, of course).
- Plant an herb garden.
- Pull out your old instrument and practice.
- Host an online happy hour with a group of friends.
- Tackle a project you’ve never had time for – learn Italian; write a short story; engage with your ironing pile.
- Binge-watch an entire TV series.
- Check on an elderly neighbor.
- Show your feet some love with a massage or pedicure.
Expert podiatrists Dr. Megan L. Oltmann and Dr. Craig B. Frey look forward to the days when we can add our regular activities to this list, like visiting friends when we please and going out to our favorite restaurants in Summit, Geauga, Portage, and Cuyahoga Counties. Meanwhile, know that we’re always here for you when you need professional foot and ankle care. Call us in Solon, Ohio, at (440) 903-1041 or contact us online.