Of all the parts of the human body, we tend to ignore our feet the most. That is until something happens to make them hurt. But it’s really hard to ignore a heel that screams out in pain when you walk. And just what are you supposed to do with a big toe that suddenly swells up and turns angry-red? Who are you gonna call for that plantar fasciitis or that gout attack?
Call a podiatrist! Residents of Cuyahoga, Summit, Portage, and Geauga Counties can call Dr. Craig B. Frey and Dr. Megan L. Oltmann, the expert podiatrists at Foot & Ankle Associates of Cleveland. As podiatrists, we’re uniquely trained to treat all ailments of the feet and ankles. Here are eight general ways we can help you with foot or ankle pain:
- Perform a biomechanical analysis. No two bodies are put together entirely in the same way. We can analyze the way you walk, determine if all your foot structures are functioning well together, and diagnose the cause of your pain.
- Offer shoe advice. Many foot problems stem from wearing shoes that don’t fit well or don’t offer enough support. We can help you make better shoe choices. We can also examine the wear patterns of your current shoes to find the source of lower limb pain.
- Give corticosteroid injections to provide relief from inflammation.
- Prescribe physical therapy to strengthen weak muscles or recover from surgery.
- Provide custom braces, splints, heel pads, lifts, and orthotics to relieve pressure and pain.
- Provide precision treatments such as iontophoresis for excessive sweating and laser cautery to remove warts.
- Perform comprehensive diabetic foot exams and provide expert wound care.
- Operate. Dr. Frey and Dr. Oltmann are expert surgeons who repair, reconstruct, and realign bones, muscles, and tissues in the feet or ankles as necessary.
Visit us in our Solon, Ohio podiatry office for treatment of a sprained ankle, a broken bone, arthritis, toenail fungus, sudden pain, or pain you’ve lived with for a while. Call us at (440) 903-1041. You may also make an appointment online.