If you’re interested in staying fit and even losing a few pounds, podiatrists Craig B. Frey, DPM and Megan L. Oltmann, DPM give you a round of applause. Here’s one suggestion for an easy way to stay fit: get walking. There are countless ways to fit more steps into your day. Here are some ideas:
- Get a full foot-checkup. If your feet aren’t in great shape, you won’t be enthusiastic about using them more. Make an appointment with us at Foot & Ankle Associates of Cleveland to get your feet walking-ready. We can improve or eliminate problems like painful corns and toe deformities.
- Wear the right shoes. High-quality athletic shoes designed for walking provide cushion and support in all the right places.
- Wear the right clothes. Heavy clothes can slow you down. Opt for fabrics that whisk sweat away, including your socks.
- Grab a buddy. Walk with a friend. Start a walking club at work.
- Walk the dog. You’ll both get exercise! If you love animals, volunteer to walk dogs at a local shelter.
- Schedule a specific walking time. Put it in your calendar and treat it like any other appointment.
- Keep it interesting. Vary the places you walk.
- Connect with nature. Explore the many parks and trails throughout Cuyahoga, Summit, Geauga, and Portage counties.
- Transform a coffee date into a walking-with-coffee date.
- Park on the far side of the parking lot.
- Become tech-savvy. Use your smartphone to listen to motivational music, books, and podcasts while you walk.
- Set a goal. Walk with a future goal in mind such as walking a 10K.
- Get off the bus or train one stop earlier.
- Buy a fitness tracker. It can keep you motivated by keeping track of your daily steps.
A healthy, fit body contributes to good foot health. If all your efforts to get walking cause you pain in your feet or ankles, contact us at our podiatry office in Solon, Ohio. We have the latest technology, a beautiful office, and a friendly staff waiting to assist you. Call us at (440) 903-1041 or make an appointment online.