‘Tis the season for giving! At Foot & Ankle Associates of Cleveland, we think some of the best gifts are the ones that help keep our patients’ feet healthy. Life is just better when you’re not dealing with aching feet. So improve a loved one’s life by gifting them with products that’ll keep the bounce in their step from now until next holiday season.
For the runner
- Find a local store that specializes in running shoes, apparel, and accessories. Purchase a gift certificate for a custom gait analysis or new running footwear.
- Small gifts and stocking stuffers can keep a runner motivated. Think lock laces (they make it easier to put on shoes without tying or untying); moisture-wicking socks; bumper stickers that boast a runner’s latest accomplishment; and gels and snacks for energy on the run.
- If your runner is also a triathlete, how about a swim-bike-run rack to hold their race medals?
For the diabetic
- Our expert podiatrists recommend that diabetics perform a daily foot exam. Give the diabetic in your life a custom notepad that you create on your own or with the help of an online printing service. Click here to find out what Dr. Oltmann and Dr. Frey recommend for the checklist.
- Other gifts for the diabetic include utensils and appliances that make healthy cooking easier, such as slow cookers and hand-held blenders.
For the outdoor lover
- Toe warmers and/or heated insoles to place inside shoes. They provide safe heat for 8-9 hours of dog-walking, game-watching, skiing, and other outdoor sports.
- Socks these days come in a vast array of fun styles and designs
- An at-home pedicure kit that includes high-quality nail clippers, a pumice stone, and a thick moisturizer
- Slippers with sturdy rugged soles that help prevent falls
- Cookbooks that promote a healthy lifestyle: because a healthy body promotes healthy feet!
Year-round, it’s always great to give the gift of your time and your listening ear. If you hear your loved one complaining about foot pain, give them our phone number: (440) 903-1041 and encourage them to make an appointment to fix their foot problems. We welcome new patients at our modern podiatry office in Solon, Ohio.